COVID-19 Support Local Business
As more people practise social distancing across the country, businesses will feel the impact. Many are forced to make adaptations to their usual services in order to continue trading, but unfortunately, this is not an option for all. There are, however, ways in which we can help:
- Support your Local shops and Grocery stores who are working hard at work, stocking their shelves.
- Consider purchasing a gift card now that can be used later. Even if you aren’t buying anything else because you’re stuck at home, you can give your local shops or favourite restaurant a vote of confidence, for the time when they can resume trading.
- Your favourite restaurants may have to shut their doors, but many of them still offer take-outs or deliveries. Not only does that keep the business going, but it also provides income for delivery drivers.
- Many of our local businesses provide online services too, so when practising social distancing, you can still support a small business. We promote shopping locally, keeping in mind that if you are buying from someone in your community, you’re helping to keep people in their jobs.
- Many taxi firms are offering to deliver goods or take-aways to prevent businesses from needing additional transport or staff to provide this service.
- Ask your exercise provider if they have made adaptations to enable continued exercising with social distancing.
- We have local financial advisers, accountants and legal professionals who are there to support you.
In these uncertain times, we pull together as a community.
We have accumulated a list on our Facebook Page of local businesses offer their services.